Aloha 2010

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

summer-summary

Well, once again, I fell behind in the blog. But, hey, it looks as if I'm not the only one! I just dropped in to give ya'll a quick rundown of how our summer went.

We didn't get to Gramma & Grampa's as much as we wanted, but when we were there, we made the very best of it!!!



We worked in the garden, A LOT!!! We have GALLONS of tomatoes & green beans, as well as different kinds of pickles. We relocated the vegetable garden, & our new location worked very nice. The vegetable garden was mostly Stacey's terrain, while I grew pumpkins & gourds. I also started a new & very large landscaping plan in front of the house. Right now that's just shaped in & getting treated with compost, but I have HIGH hopes!!! Pictures to come!!!

The kids went to a couple of different Vacation Bible Schools. And we we're constantly preparing Henry for the start of Kindergarten! We were not sure how that would work for him, as he is one of the youngest in his group & was kind of borderline on his kindergarten screening. But, he is very smart! He seems to pick up on things so easily, & is always eager to ask questions & learn more. And we are happy to report, Henry is doing GREAT! Maybe he has a couple of issues with distracting his friends, but we're working on it, & his schoolwork looks very good! We are SO proud of him! Charlie is in the 2nd grade now, & things seem smoother now that he has concrete easy-to-understand assignments to complete, now that the 'learning-to-read' is under our belt. I'm gonna enjoy it now, while I still understand the work he is being given, once the higher math starts, his dad is gonna have to step in! And Elizabeth is becoming a young lady! : / She took well to potty training & so she was able to start preschool. She gets to go every morning, & she seems to enjoy it a lot, I know I do!


We had a belated summer trip to Worlds of Fun when my brother was in town a couple of weeks ago. My mom came up as well, & we were able to enjoy the exciting halloween events at Worlds of Fun. Charlie has been tall enough to ride the big rides with me since last summer, & he loved it again this year (although I DID have to talk him into getting on the Detonator again!) Henry, though, Henry WANTED to get on some of the rides he was now big enough for. But once we were getting settled in, seatbelts, waiting, whatever... he started to FREAK-OUT!!! I mean, fighting to get off & yelling... But as soon as the ride would start to go, he was smiling so big or laughing so hard!!! It was great!!! We were there a LONG time, & they had to drag me out of there! If you haven't been there for their scary night-time stuff, you gotta go!

ALL the kids (and myself) had birthdays over the summer, Stacey's will be here soon! We also celebrated our 12th anniversary.
Well, there were great times, big events. Some large & unforgetable. Some, maybe, quieter moments, bits of happiness, that I will recall in unexpected flashes as I go on, but inscribed on my spirit all the same. Hope you had a wonderful summer too.

No comments: